SHOLARSHIP: STUDENT EXCHANGE TO USA – AMINEF
The Office of Academic Exchange Programs in the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the U. S. Department of State is pleased to announce an exchange program for undergraduate students – The 2013 Global Undergraduate Exchange Program (Global UGRAD).
The Global UGRAD Program provides scholarships for one semester or one academic year of U.S. Study in a NON-DEGREE Program. The goals of the program are to provide a diverse group of emerging student leaders, from non-elite and underrepresented groups in Indonesia and East Asia.
All global UGRAD Program participants will be enrolled full-time in undergraduate course work chosen from the institution’s (US) existing curriculum to allow students ample opportunity for ongoing interaction with U.S. Faculty and student peers, and for exposure to U.S. academic and classroom culture.
To ensure that students succeed in their new academic environments, host institutions will offer tailored instruction on topics including academic research and writing, critical thinking, time management, note taking, and studying for and taking tests. Participants will live on campus with American peers.
Students will also be provided with opportunities to participate in up to ten hours of community service per semester. Additionally, an internship component will be offered to all academic-year participants during the academic component of the program. Internships will be related to each participant’s field of study and/or career plans.
- Scholarships will be granted to students who are currently enrolled in S-1 degree programs only, and have completed their first and up to the fifth semester of undergraduate study at an Indonesian university, by November 1, 2012. Please note that those who are in the sixth semester and above are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants should demonstrate leadership potential through academic work, community involvement, and extracurricular activities.
- Applicants must have a valid minimum ITP TOEFL score of 500 or IELTS 5.0 or IBT TOEFL score of 60/61. (TOEFL prediction or TOEFL-like score cannot be accepted).
- Preference will be given to those who have had little or NO experience in the U.S. or outside of their home countries.
- Applications can be for either for one semester or two semester based on nominee’s availability. No applications should be submitted for both one semester and two semester programs.
- Applicants are required to return to Indonesia after the completion of the program.
Submission of Applications
Please note that we do not accept emailed applications. An original application and two complete copies should be submitted or delivered to the address below by November 1, 2012:
CIMB Niaga Plaza Lt. 3
Jl. Jend. Sudirman Kav. 25
Specific questions regarding the application process may be addressed via e-mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The form can be downloaded here.